BLOCKCHAIN FOR CLINICAL TRIALS FORUM
Setting a New Standard for Optimizing Clinical Trials Operations
12 February 2018 – Orlando, FL
Rising drug development costs (estimated between $161MM to $2Bn) and the length of time (anywhere from 7.5 to 12 years from clinical testing to marketing) are major barriers to innovation in drug development. Pharmaceutical companies conduct clinical trials with the goal to demonstrate safety and efficacy of the medicine to get the US FDA (Food to gain Food and Drug Administration) or other regional authority’s approval. Improving the drug development process, especially by conducting better (more safely and efficient) and faster clinical trials, will accelerate innovation in healthcare.
Clinical researchers are facing many changes in today’s complex, heavily-regulated, data-sharing economy. Existing legacy platforms cannot effectively manage the two competing needs of data sharing and patient privacy while ensuring data integrity. The lack of verifiable, secure, and transparent platform to effectively distribute data to trusted partners is a direct impact on advancing innovation in patient care, patient safety and healthcare.
Vital Educational Objectives for Forum Participants
- Introduce and evaluate blockchain technology in the clinical trials process
- Understand the benefits of connecting EMR (electronic medical records) and clinical research
- Using blockchain to ensure data integrity and patient privacy
- Recognizing how standards in emerging technologies will accelerate the adoption
- How blockchain can reduce the time and cost while enhancing patient safety and efficacy
- Explore the opportunities of blockchain to enable globalization of clinical research
- Understanding the uses and benefits of public vs private blockchain applications
- And whatever great topics that are developed
DO YOU WANT TO PRESENT AT THIS FORM? If you are interested in attending or presenting a session at this Forum, please subscribe to our interest activity list