BLOCKCHAIN FOR CLINICAL TRIALS FORUM
Setting a New Standard for Optimizing Clinical Trials Operations
The initial launch of the Blockchain for Clinical Trials initiative was a great success. The Forum, which occurred on 12 February 2017 in Orlando, FL welcomed 96 attendees with a diverse demographic profile yet all representing the critical stakeholders in evaluating the viability of these applications.
Snapshot of Outcomes from this Forum
- Doubled the capacity from 50 to 100 attendees and still sold out!
- Our audience was global in more ways than one – see below
- The Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum Vision Report is currently in production and due to be release late March-April 2018. This findings report is directly from the Attendee-Driven break-out sessions at the event
- More than 45 attendees requested to sign-up and/or lead one of the IEEE-SA workstreams (for technical frameworks for standards or policy guidelines) in the application of blockchain for clinical trials
- The attendees unanimously agreed that there is a potential of blockchain in improving clinical trials operations and clinical trials but MORE education, research and collaboration is needed amongst stakeholders to drive effective and accepted adoption