BLOCKCHAIN FOR CLINICAL TRIALS FORUM
Moving the Blockchain for Clinical Trials Conversation from Why to How & When with Industry, Regulatory, and the Patient
At the first Blockchain for Clinical Trials Forum in February 2018 in Orlando, FL the #Blockchain4ClinicalTrials Initiative was launched. This forum brought together 100 passionate global pharmaceutical professionals, technologists, clinical trial service providers, regulators, academia, clinicians, and other stakeholders to exclusively evaluate the viable use cases for blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs). This is where the WHY was established.
In November 2018, we will assemble US and Europe’s leading consortia and working groups, pharmaceutical clinical operation and digital innovation teams, and government project leaders to discuss lessons learned through POCs and pilots of public and private blockchain projects. This progressive step forward will provide a clearer vision as to what solutions are needed to technical, business, and regulatory challenges. The outcome will determine HOW and WHEN.
Confirmed Participants include Consortia and Workgroup Leads from:
- Pfizer’s Patient Data Donation on Blockchain Project
- Innovative Medicine Initiative (IMI) Blockchain Enabled Healthcare Topic Group
- phUSE Emerging Technology Blockchain Healthcare Working group
- European Platform on Changing Healthcare (EPOCH) Working Group
Integrating the Patient Perspective on Why, How, and When
The initiative is focused on empowering patients as center to revolutionizing clinical trials process. Therefore, the forum will have two patient advocacy leaders (from the US and Europe) speaking as to how blockchain can empower patients, preserve the right to privacy, and cultivate trust into the clinical trials process. This is the forum where the patient’s voice will be reflected.
3 Days, 5 Use Cases & 1 Roadmap to Adoption
Day 1 (13 Nov) Wearables & Medical IoT Interoperability & Intelligence
- Use Case: Validated patient data from clinical-grade IoTs and wearables and interoperable with the medical device system and patient identity on the blockchain for the use of patient recruitment, diagnostics, and clinical research.
Day 2 & 3 (14-15 Nov) Blockchain for Clinical Trials/Research
- Use Case: Patient-Centric Identity & Blockchain for Patient Recruitment
- Use Case: Blockchain for Track and Trace of Clinical Trial Supply Chain
- Use Case: Blockchain for Clinical Trial Data Integrity
- Use Case: Closing the disconnect between medical and clinical research
To learn more about some of these use cases, download the Pfizer Patient Data Donation Blockchain Whitepaper
Why You Should Attend?
This is an “edu-working” event with three equal elements: Learning, Working, and Outcomes. You will leave this event knowing you have contributed to the roadmap that will empower patients, revolutionize clinical trials operations, and optimized drug development while helping to drive adoption of blockchain technology.
Register before 31 October 2018: Save $125 & Guarantee Your Spot
Given the interactive nature of this forum, seating is limited. 50% of seats have been reserved. Book your registration now to ensure you have a place to learn and contribute towards revolutionizing clinical trials.
Pilots, POCs, Solutions?
If you are interested in underwriting (supporting) opportunities, contact Helen Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For speaking, standards or general program inquiries, contact Maria Palombini, email@example.com.
Who is this program for?
Professionals in the following areas:
- Digital Innovation
- Clinical/Patient Data Acquisition
- Clinical Trial Study Design
- Clinical Operations
- Clinical Monitoring/Execution
- Data Management/Governance
- Patient Outreach/Engagement
- Clinical Operations
- Medical Research Operations
- Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Project Lead
- Principal Investigator
- Partnership Development
- Academia – researchers
- Legal firms
- Patient Advocacy Groups/NGOs
- Regulatory – policy makers
- Clinical Trials Solutions and Services (non-emerging technology)
- Blockchain platform providers
- Blockchain service providers
- Clinical IoT developer
- Predictive Analytics provider
- Artificial Intelligence provider